Friday, October 23, 2009

"I Miss Rich"

It's been a little over 12 years since Rich Mullins was killed in a car accident. I remember hearing the news on a Saturday. Rich was dead. Like most people, I was just stunned. I still miss Rich. I loved his music. It still ministers to me. His song "Growing Young" was used by God in my life to turn me back towards my True North after a dim year of wandering into places I didn't need to be (I was a young high school graduate about this time.) I have never forgotten the impact of that song on my life in those moments alone in my dorm room 17 years ago. I cry every time I hear it.

I still miss Rich. I know he's with the Lord that He loved so dearly. For that I still rejoice. But I still miss Rich. Enjoy this tribute given by friends that I am sure miss him as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment