Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pics of Our Trip To San Antonio

Well, it's been 4 weeks but I finally got my pictures from Sea World uploaded. I'll share at another date how we got to San Antonio in the first place and just how crazy we were. Anyway, these are just a few of the highlights.


First of all, we have the crew hanging out waiting for Shamu. Great Show!!! Whales are simply amazing creatures. It's too bad we spent the day correcting what we were hearing about evolution. God made these creatues to be amazing and what a privilege it was for us to get to watch theim. EVERYONE got wet, included Pinky Poo. Of course, I had it in mind to protect her from getting wet but then I ended up using her as a human shield. Oops. She was a bit surprised but I think enjoyed being wet once she realized it would cool her off.
.

This is what Schmoo had been waiting for ALL day!! Feeding the dolphins. I spent so much time babysitting the stroller and the sleeping baby in it that I didn't get to feed them. . .at first. When Underdog found out that I didn't get to do it he bought me my very own fish plate. I didn't know whether to gag or say thank you. It was one moment in my life when I was glad I wasn't pregnant. Sea food and pregnancy don't go well together.


All I can say is "EWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


Here is the gang waiting for the Dolphin and Beluga Whales Show to start. On the other side of the stadium there was a an actor (who later becomes part of the show) that is working with "broken" pipes to stop the water from flowing. Everyone in the area got WET!!! Most of the time I am anti-wet but that day I seriously would not have minded a major drenching.


This is beautiful new momma Sea Lion and her baby. The baby had been born just the Friday before we arrived. Before we took this picture, momma had been swimming around and he had been calling to her. We got to see them first thing in the morning.


What a great looking litter of pups!!!! That's not really Shamu though. It's his brother. Apparently he's the black sheep of family because it got stuck taking celebrity picture while shamu sips on lemonade in his dressing room.


This is everyone but dad right after entering the park and waiting for everything else to open. Notice the red theme running through this picture. We all wore red so we could keep up with everyone. I always thought it was silly when a large family would dress all alike. I thought they were draw attention to themselves. Now I know that it's really a means for the adults to remain sane when can locate everyone quickly.


Love abounds!! This is my favorite picture. Probably because it's rare!! HA!!


Need I say more!!!


If I have a chance later I'll tell the whole story of our vacation to San Antonio. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment