Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Three Things Mrs. Underdog Style

1)  My 3 yod keeps bringing me "food" to eat.  I love this stage.  I love that he and Pink have rediscovered the kitchen cabinet and dishes.  I love that they are pretending with their food.  It actually motivates me to want to get the felt food made that I had planned to make over the summer.  Pink has a birthday coming up in November so that might be a great gift to give her.  maybe I'll have one of her sister make it for her for her birthday.

Click here

2)  I joined the "30 Days of Excellent in Every way!" yesterday.  It's being hosted by a friend of mine and it's simply a way of helping us moms remember to encourage and lift up our children.  How cool is that!!  We get an opportunity to speak truth and love in to the lives of children.  Don't forget to speak the truth of gospel.  Nothing is more encouraging than knowing that your deserve death but because of Christ you don't get it.  This should be an integral part of the speech we speak to our children daily.  

3)  My 5 yod was supposed to doing his R&R today.  R&R stands for "Reading & Rest".  It's a 45 minutes period of our day when my littles that don't nap spend time resting.  It's not perfect right now.  My whole day is a work in progress.  But this day, he was supposed to be doing it.  Instead he decided that he needed to get a workboard that I use in school and use a dry erase on my brand new bedspread.  Notice the BRAND NEW.  You guessed it!!  He got market on my spread.  This marker doesn't come out of material.  I know because I accidently marked on an orange shirt with his green marker.  I was mad but I didn't lose it.  Underdog and I got the spread off the bed and sprayed it with strain removal.  Hope springs eternal.  I told PeePooh as I went downstairs that he would be disciplined.  But I had to think about it.  Was I mad that he stained my bed spread?  Yes.  But I didn't want to discipline over that.  He's much more important than a silly bedspread.  The reality of this is that he didn't obey me.  That is sin I addressed today.  It wasn't a sin to strain the bedspread.  He was disciplined for going his own way instead of obeying mommy and resting.  I am thankful for the grace from God to recognize that I was about to discipline over something foolish and instead turn to his heart with the conviction of sin.  Praise God for baby steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment