Thursday, May 21, 2009

One Decade Old!!!!


My Little Lady turns 10 today. I can't believe how quickly time has gone by. It truly seems like it was only yesterday that she was placed in my arms as 7.14 lb baby. So much has happened in that amount of time that it would be easy to forget. I don't think anyone ever forgets the birth of their first child though. The most amazing thing to me has been watching this little person grow into quite a young lady. I used to worry that all the choices I made when she was a baby were seriously going to harm her. The most prominent of those worries being that she was formula fed. Everyone seemed to talk so much about how unhealthy formula fed babies were. Well, God has shown tremendous grace toward Jenny despite my choices. She's a very health young girl. Then there was all the worry I had when I first started homeschooling her. It seemed at the time that all her friends were starting school so much earlier than I was starting with her. They weren't so much doing better just ahead. The funny thing about that is that she learned to read about the same time the rest of them did. From what I can tell, she also reads so much more. She loves reading (sometimes more than she needs to, HA!)

I don't think I worry as much about her these days. I have learned in my "long" years as a mom that God is Sovereign. All the things that I worried so much about when she was younger have proven to be wasted time. He has my Little Lady in His hands. He's guiding her every step. Nothing that will happen to her is out of hands. I have finally learned to trust Him with her. It is my hope and prayer that over the next several years as she grows in her girlhood that she will learn the same lesson. If she does, she will be leagues above me in her walk with the Savior.

I am intensely proud of my daughter. Happy Birthday, Precious!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment